This variant is currently sold out
BE AWARE WHEN HANDLING, Orpiment is toxic when consumed and can cause an allergic reaction when handled- especially with those sensitive to sulfar. Wash hands after handling.
Orpiment is an arsenic sulfide mineral that crystallizes in the form of bright yellow to orange prismatic shards. This mineral was used for centuries for dyes and paints despite its toxicity, but was officially recorded as its own mineral in 1771 by J. Hill. He named it after the Latin word “auripigmentum”, meaning “gold paint,'' referring to its main use during that time period.